The existing Facility PLC and Electrical systems had reached end of life, were obsolete and were no longer supported by the OEMs. Facility reliability was problematic due to age of equipment and unavailability of replacement parts. Drawing information was not reliable and there were failures of secondary systems
BASE was hired to replace the existing facility automation and electrical systems, and to improve system reliability. Outage timeline was critical and required creativity to stay on budget and schedule. BASE met the critical timelines and provided solutions for engineering, construction and commissioning that minimized risk and overall project costs.
- Updated automation and electrical systems to latest packages chosen by client
- Created new standard automation and electrical system drawings that have (are now) been implemented as standards across the client’s system. Standard drawings were created to minimize rework across facilities and to provide high reliability and the ability for personnel to work at various facilities using systems repeatable systems (systems that are repeatable)
- Installed new secondary system instrumentation to improve reliability and avoid future failures
- Expedited equipment to ensure schedule was maintained
- Provided onsite construction review of installation and suggestions to maintain schedule
- Provided client $M’s in future cost savings