Energy Company – Ft. Saskatchewan Tank Farm
BASE was hired to complete the automation for a new greenfield tank farm that accepts crude from pipeline system(s) and provides the ability to ship the crude via pipeline(s) or railcar to customers. Onstream timeline was critical and required creativity to stay on budget and schedule. BASE provided engineering, construction and commissioning solutions that met the critical onstream dates, minimized risk and overall project costs.
- Tank farm leak detection system mandatory
- Fire suppression systems mandatory for insurance
- Multiple ship points and future receipt points to be included in design and automation systems
- External engineering drawing information is unreliable, BASE to provide multiple design suggestion improvements to increase system operations, reliability and decrease cost.
- New state of the art control system
- Leak detection system installed for tanks and pipelines
- Created new standard automation control documents and test procedures that were implemented as standards across the client’s system. Standard logic and HMI screens were created to minimize rework on future projects, to provide high reliability and the ability for personnel to work at various facilities using repeatable systems
- Completed FAT, CAT and SAT to ensure proper operation of new system
- Provided onsite commissioning and training
- Provided ongoing operational support
- Provided client $M’s in future cost savings