Base Rolls out Dedicated Hydronics Service
Base Concepts Consulting Inc. (Base) is on a mission, “Crafting the Modern Energy Ecosystem”. Energy Companies and Organizations have not in over a century experienced the kind of change that is currently in play worldwide. Obsolescence is an industry wide challenge. Facilities that were designed and constructed with lifecycles of 25 years have been in service far longer and are in dire need of refurbishment, replacement, upgrading and other remediation as critical equipment simply ages out and vendors cease supporting obsolete technologies. In some places, eBay has become the warehouse of replacement parts by necessity.
One area where Base encounters these issues is in Hydronics Systems. Many of Base’s clients operate in northern environments. Consistent and reliable heating is essential. When dealing with volatile compounds such as Natural Gas or Liquid Concentrates, open flames are not an alternative. Heating systems that circulate heated fluids are preferred for obvious reasons.
Base has extensive experience in Hydronics and is fast becoming an expert service provider. We are launching a core service for these critical energy systems.
Accordingly, the following is an overview of a series of independent “Phases” offered to drive client certainty for their Hydronics projects. The services across phases is compatible, meaning that a client could initiate an Assessment with Base, then use another vendor for other or subsequent phases. Base’s focus is independent, high value and cross pollinating engineering products that solve the problem.
Phase 1: Assessment
- Initial client discussion on goals, objectives and history of glycol sites,
- Identifying challenges and concerns (SWOT),
- Overview of sites in general including obsolescence issues, critical processes, products etc. and
- Initial report, assessment and recommendations.
Phase 2: Study
- Project kickoff
- Detailed site investigation and review of background material,
- Identification of specific issues at the site,
- Hydronic modelling and calculation(s) including derivation of all figures,
- Fluid modeling and calculations including derivation of all figures,
- Review of Hydronic Model,
- General sizing of boilers, pumps and glycol pipes
- Modifications and adjustments as per client,
- Development of report with recommendations,
- Review and update of report and
- Issue Study.
- Develop DBM
- IFR and Review DBM
- Incorporate changes into DBM
- Issue IFU DBM
Phase 3: Engineering
- Piping Stress Analysis (if required)
- PFDs, P&IDs, ISOs, Layout etc.
- Boiler, Circulating Pump and Pump Selection and Miscellaneous Datasheets
- Construction SOW, solicitation and recommendation of vendors.
- 3D Model Construction
- 3D Model review with Client
- 3D Model Issue and Finalize
- 2D Model Creation and IFR 2D Drawings with Client
- Stamp and Issue 2D Drawings
Phase 4 – Onsite Commissioning and Support
- Hydro Testing /Inservice Leak Testing Oversite
- Construction Management Oversite
Phase 5 – As-Build
- Update and Issue all Drawings as per redlines